Background

Monday, December 1, 2014

That's true. (11/24/2014)

This week's shout out goes out to the Native Americans. I'm pretty sure they all got the short end of the stick, but it's alright. Sort of. 

It's been crazy. I'm running short on a lot of sleep and it's just been crazy. Our apartment is still super cool. The picture a day challenge is still going except... I forgot my camera cord. Man. We've had some pretty funny pictures this week, I'm kind of bummed I forgot! 


Laymon is doing great! He has been meeting with us pretty consistently. Did not make it to church, but he did meet with us three times this week. He said once he knows the church is true, he'll be baptized. Pretty stoked. 

Rose, who got baptized a little bit ago, has been meeting with us weekly. She's only 18 but she's super mature. We have really good talks with her and recently we found out about her love for One Direction. And cats. We love her, and she's really growing in her testimony every week. She's striving to read her scriptures and do the right things.

Went on exchanges this week in San Ramon! Had dinner with the Cooks, and turns out it's Bishop Cook's son and it's even crazier because I was there a year ago! We also did the Chinese class, which was super fun. Talking about things that are good for our body. We had a really hard time talking about vitamins. How do you even explain that in English? Could not do it in Chinese. Visited a lot of really sweet, really prepared people. Talk about tender mercies. They are so prepared, it blows my mind. Lots of miracles. And it's been raining a ton! Which brings me to the bad news- we are on bike part time again. However, we just found out that there's not enough bikes for us to rent out and borrow. So I guess we will be part time walking. Which is ok, there's a smaller possibility of me hurting myself if I'm walking haha


Finally met with Chauntel! She's super sweet. She has been engaged for awhile now and should be getting married soon, but she quit one of her jobs at iHop. We are hoping to figure out how we can get her to church, because she ALWAYS works Sundays. It's kind of a bummer. We are working on it. She also has the cutest kids, Larisa and Vince, and they are a little rowdy but it's all good. Hopefully we will get to meet with them more and continue to strengthen them spiritually. 

Well, this week's Christlike attribute was patience, and I sure did learn some of that this week. I always have a hard time studying things like that because I know it's just going to make things really hard. And it did, this week was definitely difficult. But I've learned a lot about relying on the Lord and the atonement of Jesus Christ. We had a meeting with our stake president and all the missionaries in the stake last night and the spirit was so strong. And just about everyone talked about the atonement. I put my own personal spin on it because that's what's been on my mind lately, but it brought my to 1 Corinthians 10:13. And I looked at the footnote for "escape" because that sure does sound good. It took me to D&C 95:1 which I really liked.

 1 Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you whom I love, and whom I love I also chasten that their sins may be forgiven, for with the chastisement I prepare a way for their deliverance in all things out of temptation, and I have loved you—


I feel like a lot of times we wonder why we go through hard times. Well, here is the answer. Because He loves us. Which sometimes I still don't really understand, but I'm working on it. Especially during this Thanksgiving season, I know that is one thing that I am really grateful for- that continuous love that is not based upon anything that I do. 

If you've forgotten what I look like, this is not the week of good pictures for you. 

Love you all!
Sister Kwan


No comments:

Post a Comment