Background

Monday, June 10, 2013

First Week what uppp (June 10, 2013)

Hey everyone!

The MTC is fantastic. I'm actually not on the main campus, they opened a new one at Wyview so it's different. Classes are smaller and a lot more intimate but it's a lot better, I think. I'm leaving the 19th and I actually only get an hour on Mondays to do e-mails, so letters are greatly appreciated. There's this thing called dearelder.com and you can send me e-mails there that will print out so I get them that same day! Crazy right? Do it. I am sooo busy but I'm so excited to hear from people!

Funny story, on the plane ride here, I sat next to a sister missionary going in the same day. Apparently, 1,000 new missionaries came into the MTC that day. There's over 4,000 of us here right now and my goodness. So crazy great.

My companion is Sister Underwood and she's from Florida. She's not the typical kind of person I'd associate with because we are soooo different. Like honestly, it's almost ridiculous. I will admit, we have had a couple... miscommunications of the minorest degree that led to things of a greater degree if that makes sense. But I think we will be ok. It's funny because all the girls in my district are in my mission and the other district in my zone is all going! They are all such wonderful people. Like, it's just. Fantastic. Fan flippin tastic.

The other day, craziest experience of my life. Like I have been crying soooo much these past couple days. Ridiculous. But for good reason! My teacher, Bro Farnsworth had this lesson all planned but he stopped and he told us this story about this girl who broke her ankle, and they gave her a blessing, and she could walk. Then he asked Sister Goddard who is a fantastic missionary why she was crying, and she shared her conversion story, and then I started crying, and he asked me and I couldn't get two words out but they came back to me after they went through everyone. It was such a great experience, like the spirit was so strong in that room that. I just feel such a great love for all these people. Because I had been praying to know like why in the world I was supposed to be here now. I felt so inadequate and like I didn't deserve to be around these great people. But sitting in that room, I knew that I was supposed to be here. Like, there is no doubt in my mind at all.

Anyways, the church is true! I hope you are all living wonderful lives :)

Love,
Sister Kwan

No comments:

Post a Comment