Background

Monday, September 9, 2013

The hills are alive with... the smell of fire?

This week's shout out goes out to the fam bam. 

So there's this mountain called Mt. Diablo in our area and it's on fire. Not like, #1 Scenic Mountain in "Mountains Weekly" for the past 10 weeks, but literal fire, the hot kind. We got evacuated out of church haha and it was kind of great. Sort of. They still haven't put out the fire, and they're nervous because the wind blows a lot here and it could spread super fast. My first thought was that we've already had a gas leak and now we have a fire, who knows what's next... 

This 40 Day Fast thing is really taking off, holy cow. We are like twice as busy now because we are meeting with a lot of members, but they love us. We don't know why. Actually, we do. We're adorable, how could you not. But a lot of less actives really like us because we don't "hammer them with the gospel" and I mean. I think we need to get to know them before we start discussing the gospel, right? Just doin' my job. 

We had dinner with the cutest family in the world the other day. Their daughter Allie is getting baptized this Saturday, so we are trying to find an investigator to go, but they are the cutest. We were playing Candyland with them while we were waiting for dinner. Then we had dessert and I was talking to the youngest one, Liza, who's like 3, and I was like "Wow you ate your ice cream fast! Where is it?" And she says "In my teeth" hahahaha so cute. 

Ozzy is a wonderful human being. Honestly, she is so great. She's one of those people that you wish nothing bad would ever happen to, but I think she has a pretty hard life. She is super sweet and always willing to talk to us. She is open to asking questions and meeting new people and overall she is just fantastic. 

As for our other investigators... Our investigators seem to disappear off the face of the planet. Wendy, who we were doing yard work for, hasn't been home in a month. And no one knows where she is. And Amanda is like everywhere and nowhere. But I'm sure they will turn up soon... Man. 

So the other day someone was smoking and I was like "WHAT that's not fun. Twister with paint is fun. Smoking is not. What are you doing." And I guess a lot of times we know that what we are doing isn't that great for us, but why do we keep doing it? Because we're stubborn. Because we think we're cool. Because it helps us avoid other problems. But I'm not so sure that's what's ultimately going to make us happy in the long run. For now it's great, but you know, I've heard lung cancer sucks. I guess what I'm just trying to say is that wise people make wise choices. Just something to think about I guess.

Have a terrific week!

Love,

Sister Kwan

No comments:

Post a Comment