Background

Monday, June 24, 2013

Week 2 MTC (June 17, 2013)

Hey Everyone!

Here's a joke for Ashley:
Why couldn't the missionaries eat dinner?
Because Moroni hid the plates! hahahahahahhaha.

Shea- I sure hope you have every intention of telling me where you're going on a mission, because Fanfan told me you already got it :P

Lauren B- totally wrote you a letter back but it went to Ashlynne's address...?

Anyways, this week has been crazy! I leave on Wednesday, so don't send things to the MTC! 

Where do I even start.

Unfortunately, I have no idea where my camera cord is. So there's no way for me to send you pictures haha.

We go to devotionals at the Marriott Tuesday night and last time they were like "oh btw this whole west campus is in the choir." so we did that. For the sake of everyone around me, I held my peace.

We met with this investigator who, we aren't sure if she really is or isn't since they don't tell us, but the power was out and it was hot. Her name is Luanna, she's from Arkansas, has cancer, really reallly sweet. We start talking, and getting to know her, and it's great. Then I was asked to pray so I'm like ok. I start praying. And suddenly, I feel myself slowing down. Like it came out soooo slow and I questioned myself but I went with it, and the last thing I said was "please bless that the lights will turn on, and please bless that no one will get hurt because of it." Literally 3 seconds after the amen, I kid you not, those lights came back on. And that is the power of faith.
Our progressing investigator, Dani, who's actually our teacher, is doing really well. Last time we met with her, I felt the prompting to ask her to pray. She said no, but then I was like "Dani. I can promise you that if you will pray with us right now, you WILL receive an answer immediately." So. Bold. Like I would never say that myself. She agreed after that, and man. Such a wonderful moment, because she really felt it. So, so strongly.

Companionship strugs- Totally thought this would be easier. It was a good learning experience though.

I don't think I have anything else to say! But I hope all of you are doing well. We were talking about the power of the Holy Ghost in guiding and directing you daily, and it is so real. Such immense power that I could never imagine, words coming to mind that I wouldn't say. Church is true.

Love you all!
Sister Kwan


No comments:

Post a Comment