Background

Monday, March 24, 2014

I know, I know. I suck at taking pictures.

This week's shout out goes out to Marcella, for this conversation.
Marcella: "You can't bully others, people like that go to hell. Do you want to go there?"
Sofia: "I don't know..."
Marcella: "It's not fun down there. There's not flashlights." 
Here's to another week. It's kind of crazy how fast time flies, huh. 

Kim is literally one of my favorite people in the whole world right now. We were at a Relief Society event and Jackie, our friend from Berkeley came. She's not a member, but she loves the events for the "women's worship group." Anyways, she was raving about how great the event was, when Joanna (our member) and Kim (our investigator) start talking about how good church is. And so there they are, talking about church and Kim starts bearing testimony of how awesome it is to go to church. And it's even better because we had a lesson on general conference and preparing for it on Sunday, and we get a call from Kim. She's already preparing for it. And it's in two weeks! And I'm like. Holy cow. You are the best Mormon I've ever met. And you aren't even baptized yet. It's so wonderful how the Lord prepares people to live the gospel. I honestly don't feel like I'm doing anything but confirming the things she already knows are true. 

So there we were, lost on the mountain, trying to find our member's home. I literally thought the odds of us falling off the cliff were greater than the odds of us living. Our poor car. It was trying to hard, but it is such a good car. We made it though, and we did see our members, and man was the view gorgeous. It truly was incredible. I was going to take pictures, but I think if I had gone to take it out and removed my hands from the wheel, we would've died. 

Bob has kind of vanished. We got a cryptic phone call where he said, "Don't come visit any more, it's a waste of time. I'm a lost cause." And we juggled whether or not to just bust in, but at this point, we aren't really sure if we can help him anymore. Out of our hands, and into the Lord's. 

Spiders. All over our poor car. I don't really know why, but they've been like looming around our car waiting to sneak in and freak us out or something. There are currently 3 crushed spiders, 2 shoe prints, and a hand print. Just kidding, it's 3 shoe prints haha

We met the Snyders, who are super less active. The conversation was like this
Her: Oh it's the missionaries! How are you?
(Casual conversation, grandson runs over)
Grandson: Oh! It's the missionaries!
Her: Ask grandpa if he's busy.
(Grandson leaves, comes back)
Grandson: He's busy
Her: Tell him that they know Bob
(Grandson leaves)
Him: Oh! They know Bob!
And that is how we met the Snyders. Super friendly, super nice, and I'm surprised they opened the door for us, but they did! Hopefully we will be able to meet with them again soon.  

This week I gave a thought that I tied into Harry Potter. Just throwing this out there, I'm a slytherin. But we were looking into houses, and it turns out that you're placed into houses based on what traits you value, not necessarily what you have. Anyways, we were talking about this over dinner, and I pulled out Alma 27:27 (look it up yourself) and talked about the characteristics of the House of God. And we posed the question- is it more important to be in the house of gryffindor, or the house of God? 

Audrey is the cutest old lady ever. She's got Alzheimer's and she gave us a job to do, but it really wasn't much haha but we took pictures (I'll attach them) and she's hilarious. Even if we can't necessarily teach her, she still makes my day better. 
Warren totally opened up to us the other day. It was really nice to finally understand why he acts the way he does, and it really helped us out so we can address the things he's worried about. Better news to follow, hopefully :) 

This week I got totally distracted by March Madness. Brackets are one of my favorite things. But I flipped it this week and actually got something out of it. Ready? So let's make the bracket our life and all the choices we make. Sometimes, we have the 1st seat playing the 16th seat, and we all know who's going to win. Those are the easy decisions, like whether or not to smoke. Sometimes, we have the 7th seat playing the 8th seat, and those are a little trickier. Something like whether or not to attend or party, or the friends we hang out with. Ultimately, there will always be upsets (where the lower ranking beats the higher ranking) but in the end, the overall championship winner should be God. All of our choices should lead to a higher playing field, and that's what we shoot for. 
 
Love you all!
Sister Kwan

Awkward picture with the Elders
Spider remnants on the car

Audrey :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment