Background

Monday, April 28, 2014

Proselyting with a Puppy

This week's shout out goes out to Lauren. Who I remembered her birthday and forgot to shout it out so I'm doing that this week haha

Kim is doing fantastic. Everything in her life is on the up-swing except for her family, and their situation is kind of hard since they're all living together. She's trying to raise Ayden one way, and they want to go another way, so it's a lot of frustration since they don't really see a way out yet. But they recognize that the Lord has a plan, because if they hadn't been in their situation in the first place, they would never have met the missionaries. So all's well ends well. 

We found a puppy that was just wandering, so we picked him up and started knocking doors and asking people if he belonged to them. It's really quite brilliant and I wish we found animals more often! Everyone's heart was like "Oh that's so nice of you to help him find his home..." but we can't have pets haha oh well. 

Went on splits this week with the wonderful sister in our ward who brought us balloons and candy, and her 12 year old daughter Emma! It was a really nice experience. Emma invited someone to come to an activity and she totally got shot down, and she was kind of panicking about how it went down. It was neat to see how her mom handled it- she talked about how there's agency and how we do things by the spirit so they can know for themselves. It was neat. 

Got to go back to Alamo on exchanges! It's weird going back there, it's like going home. It was a great experience to learn from Sister Goddard, who actually came out with me. We were just waving at cars and suddenly one pulls over! She was already a member. But she was house hunting from Texas, and we talked to her. She was pretty frantic, so I'm glad we were there to calm her down. She was like "I just saw missionaries and I felt relieved! I knew there was someone who would tell me about the area!" It was great to be of service that way. 

Warren's heart is slowly being softened! He read the Book of Mormon! Which was a really big deal because he hasn't this whole time. He still has a ton of questions and major issues with Joseph Smith, but he's getting there. Very very slowly. And he's totally anti-government/organized anything. So we don't really know what to do with that.. 

This week's weather went from hot to super cold and rainy. There was a down pour. And then I stepped in poop. That was exciting. And I lost my name tag! One second it was on me, and the next thing I know, I have no idea where it's at. So I felt the next hour feeling super naked. 

We had a service activity where we cleaned up Clayton. The thing is, Clayton is super clean. We were like actively seeking trash to pick up. We ended up roaming the sides of super steep hills in tall grass searching for trash. Which we found a lot of actually. Lots of beer bottles, tires, ketchup pouches.. you name it haha but we didn't realize it was rattlesnake season. Luckily nothing happened, but we will probably be more careful in the future. I did find a tick in my hair later. I felt it moving, grabbed it, saw that it was something that was alive, and threw it. Then I had to find it, and I taped it to a piece of paper. Then I gave it to some kids who love bugs haha. 

Considering the way this week has been, I've been thinking a lot about persistence. So here's this quote:
“That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do, not that the nature of the thing has changed but that our power to do has increased.”
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
And I'd just say think about it. There's a lot of good messages, and if you need help I can start with one. I always say that a room full of good intentions is empty. And it sounds super mean, but if I had every intention to pay you back, did I? No. But as long as we keep trying, then we will be able to accomplish something, anything. God does not expect perfection, but He does expect us to continue to try.

Happy Spring/Summer!
Sister Kwan


No comments:

Post a Comment