Background

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

From Allergies to Agency

This week's shout out goes out to Sable the kitty. So. Cute. 

Well. This week has not enough time.

The temple was awesome. 

Met this lady at the store.
Her: This brand is super popular in Australia
Me: Are you from Australia?
Her: Yup
Me: Wow! What brought you here?
Her: Love
She's seriously my new favorite person haha

The high school here does this thing called "Every 15 minutes" and it was super awesome because it's like every 15 minutes someone dies from a distracted driving car accident, be it alcohol related or cell phones. Anyways, they actually pull people out of school and stage an accident and it's really crazy. People "die" mostly because their phones are taken from them (hahaha) and they go to a retreat away from family and friends. It's a super cool concept. Anyways, we were there helping out and this fireman comes and talks to us. We aren't sure if he was super interested in the gospel because afterwards he invited us to the firehouse for dinner. Luckily, it's out of our area so we "can't go." 

Everyone's been telling me I've become a "permanent fixture" here. It's ONLY been 6 months haha

Diamond Terrace seems to be a very Anti-Mormon facility. I'd say 50% of people don't care about us because they don't know who we are, and then 48% REALLY don't like us and 2% are ok with us/love us. But it's ridiculous how many mean looks we get. I didn't realize you could harbor hatred for someone who's really done nothing to you, but I've been wrong before I guess

Here's a conversation with a less active 18 year old
Me: So I have 6 months left and we exercise 30 minutes a day. How do I get back in shape?
Patrick: ...You can't
Me: What?
Patrick: Well. Depends how hard you want to work out
Me: I just want to lose the belly fat.
Patrick: Oh. Planks are good for that
Me: But those are hard...
Patrick: Wellllll

So this week we got to Skype home and stuff. And the interesting thing I was thinking about was this... "500 Days of Summer" is my favorite movie to hate on, but I still kind of love it. At least the filmography is wonderful. Anyways, there's a scene in there that shows Tom's expectations vs reality and it's my favoritest scene ever. Well I put my life on pause for 18 months and had this unrealistic expectation that everyone else's life would pause too... Which is totally false. But for some reason that didn't click for me until recently. Anyways, for those of you who haven't e-mailed me or written me, here is my thought for you: Alma 60:6

 And now behold, we desire to know the cause of this exceedingly great neglect; yea, we desire to know the cause of your thoughtless state.

And my thought for everyone else haha 3 Nephi 13:33

 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.

Take care. Love you all!

Sister Kwan

No comments:

Post a Comment