Background

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Transfer Tuesday



This week's shout out goes out to hot cheetos. They've become my new addiction. 

So... I'm going to Brentwood 3rd ward! Which I guess covers something called Discovery Bay? It's the end of the mission! But my companion will be Sister Lutui. It's super exciting. Although all I've heard about it is that it's super hot. Hottest place in the mission. There's a ton of fruit there. It's cherry season. And they have the best corn in America. So we will see :) 



 I don't really have much to say this week. Farewells are so sad. Life is hard. I think that's something that I've come to realize here is that we really don't have control over much in our lives. And you'd think that we would learn that SO much faster but we never do. 


There's a sister in this area who was crying when we showed up. Her husband is having Alzheimer's and he randomly leaves and remembers where he needs to be, but otherwise, he goes off to find his wife who looks a lot like her. It's super sad and she's having such a hard time. She refuses to accept the gospel's answers and there you can see how much it would bless her if she would just take it. 

This week's thought is about the Book of Mormon. Here we have a blue book about these people who traveled from Jerusalem to America. And they fight. A lot. And they learn a lot. And yet this book is so much more than that. It's God's word. So really, The Book of Mormon is true or it isn't. Either I'm lying to you, or I'm not. Either Joseph Smith Jr was a prophet, or he wasn't. Either 80,000 young adults have given up the best years of their lives to serve God, or they aren't. Either 15 million people are in Christ's church, or we are all being deceived. My invitation to you all is this:

 3 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things,if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
 4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart,with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
 5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

Because I know it's true. I have read it many times and every single time it's true. This book brings peace. This book brings hope. But it's not just a book. These are God's words to us, today. Because He loves us, He's given us this additional help on our trip back to Him. 
Ask. And you WILL know. 

Love you all

Sister Kwan 

No comments:

Post a Comment