Background

Monday, June 16, 2014

It's kind of a long story

This week's shout out goes out to that nice guy on the corner who sold us those strawberries. You rock.

So I don't really have a lot of time considering right now it's already... 5:36. So I'm going to be real quick with this one.

This week we struggled with the Elders in our ward. Honestly, I can not say half the things I feel about them right now, because I know Jesus would never say anything like that. Luckily, we worked it out so hopefully we will be able to work in unity for the ward. 

We met this nice man on the corner wheeling around a ton of strawberries. He told us he had just bought them this morning, so we were super excited. He said $13 and I literally dug everything out of my wallet and came up with a little over $9. He was so nice, he said it was fine and took it. I'm really grateful for that act of Christlike kindness. He had no idea who we were but he was still willing to just take it. As a result, we were able to talk to a lot of people by offering them strawberries. When you have something, you share it right? 

Well, it's the same with the gospel. 

This gospel is fresh. It's good. For everyone. We have it. Are we going to keep it to ourselves? No. That's not the point. When Jesus was on the Earth, he gave everything to everyone. It didn't matter who it was. In fact, he sought those who had nothing and tried to give to them. They still had agency to accept or reject, but ultimately they were given the opportunity. That's all we are asked to do, share. And if God asked you to do something, would you? I sure hope so. 

Anyways. I guess I'm a little grumpy from last week. But it'll be better this week. If not I'll make it so. I appreciate you all- your prayers are definitely carrying me, along with the Lord. I'll send pictures next week too (hahaahah)

Love you all!
Sister Kwan

No comments:

Post a Comment