Background

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"It's July 4th, I have to look pretty today"

Jul 7, 2014

This week's shout out goes out to America. What a country, and we are so blessed to live in it.

So Sister Sotele... she's an interesting one. She's absolutely insane. But I love her haha. No, but really, she's awesome. She has a super strong testimony of the gospel, and we'll be having late night pillow talk and she will testify of Jesus Christ while I'm dozing off. She takes care of me though. Sometimes. We are having all the awkward growing pains, especially since she is just coming to the English program and it's totally different from the Tongan program. She hasn't seen this many white people in awhile.

Miracles though. We meet random people and they want to learn more. It blows my mind every time, I need to start being like "Right answer. Let's roll." But I still kind of wonder haha the Lord blesses us so much... We meet people who want to come back to church, only they're scared of the ward.

July 4th was awesome. We got to see fireworks and I ate like a little fat kid. We had two dinner appointments and I was dying but it was really fun. We got to meet a lot of members and I really like this ward. It's so hard to figure out who to go visit when you have 26 pages of membership, but I've committed myself to trying every house on the list at least once.

We met Janyce this week, who is the sweetest lady. Old people are the best. They just say it like it is and don't worry about it at all. She's awesome at painting and things. She doesn't really seem to have a testimony, so that's what we are going to be working on with her next.

This week's thought comes from fast and testimony meeting on Sunday. The girls went to girls camp and had an awesome iron rod experience. What was interesting, was that most of them talked about how they didn't even realize that they had let go and that they only realized when they were talking to someone about repentance. It was crazy. What especially stood out to me was when they said that someone whispered that they were done and that they could leave. Then they let go, but they found out that it wasn't. That's the importance of enduring to the end. In the first 8 years of your life, you've done almost everything necessary. The hardest part is sticking with it. And that's where going to church and reading your scriptures and praying comes in. Just do it.

Love you all!

Sister Kwan

No comments:

Post a Comment