Background

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Wait what, it's August?


This week's shout out goes out to my companion. Everyone thinks we don't like each other, and they're right. Haha I'm just kidding, I love her to death. 


So not really much to report on this week. Well actually I have like 5 minutes left so that's what there isn't much coming to mind. 

It was kind of cool because I got to be in the Tongan program for a day. (It's a LONG story.) They are the sweetest people, for real. They are so nice and they're always looking out for us. It was interesting because even though there totally is a language barrier, I could understand these people and their life situations. They're super nice. Consecration is not an issue at all. It's truly amazing. 

We met with a bunch of less actives this week- they all have wonderful stories and lives. We sit there and we think. Imagine how much happier your life would be if you embraced the gospel that you KNOW is true. It's hard because the world casts such a dark mist on what truly brings us joy. 

We also met Art! He met with the missionaries before and now he's meeting with us! He is a super funny guy. He was telling us all about how the government is watching all of us. Kind of freaked Sister Sotele out, but he wouldn't tell us what his job is. Then we texted Sister Tsan and she told us haha but he made such a big deal out of it! He's read the Book of Mormon twice, and the missionaries came at a time that he really needed it, so he has a wonderful opinion of the church. And he goes to church all the time! We are so excited to meet up with him again. 

Well. Last week's message was super angry and I apologize. I shouldn't write on an empty stomach. This week though, I learned a lot about patience. I have the hardest time trusting in the Lord's timing. I always want instant answers and I want the answers that I give. Obviously, that is not the case. We don't get to pick the time or the outcome- so why do we always want to? I've realized that things will never go the way I want them to- and that's made life a little easier. When we recognize that we are in God's hands and that whatever he's going to give us is best, that's when life starts getting good. That's when miracles happen.

Love you all!

Sister Kwan



No comments:

Post a Comment