Background

Monday, August 26, 2013

I hate computers (Aug 5, 2013)

This weeks shout out goes to computers. They're so necessary but such a pain ugh. I have like 23 minutes to write this now. 

This week has been kind of rough just because we have been trying to keep busy since we are only in one ward. Like, I know the field is white and ready to harvest. We just need to find the field.

At the start of this week, we went to an FHE with a family that has incredibly sassy children, like you wouldn't believe. However, we show up and their tree is TP-ed and the children are throwing themselves into the tree to get it down. Weird right? Well then they recruited me and I'm sure that looked pretty interesting too. I got most of it down though :) Then we had a nice lesson about how we are all children of God. With some kids that aren't members! They were so cute.

Then we were at our recent convert's house and her niece brought a dog over. And I'm standing in this room, and Sister Slaughter says, "It kind of stinks." And I was like hmm yeah and boom. The dog pooped in the room and of course I stepped in it. I was in barefeet too and I was like uhhhhh. I guess I could've used the bidet, but... yeah. It was a real trip haha. Not like a trip down the road, more like sitting on the counter of your recent convert's bathroom sink and using a bar of soap. 

Funny story, I got to be in a quartet of missionaries. All of our companions are training leaders and then there was a trio. I learned there's a reason there's only a companionship. Four missionaries is intimidating. We got a lot of slammed doors but there was one super nice lady who gave us water. Tender mercies, what up. AND guess who I saw? Sister Becca Evans, shout out to BYU YSA 55th! It was so nice haha

This week I've been thinking a lot about the atonement. I mean, for one person to take on the mistakes of everyone, that's crazy. And not just mistakes, but also like how unfair it is when other people's mistakes impact us. It's a lot to take in. And despite popular belief, I'm not perfect. And I've made more mistakes than I can count, but it doesn't matter. If we are willing to lay them at the feet of our Savior, then everything will be alright. And I'm so grateful. It's hard for me to imagine why He would do that when I haven't been the best, but I sure am grateful. 

Hope you all have the best week ever!

Love,

Sister Kwan

No comments:

Post a Comment