Background

Sunday, August 4, 2013

All you need is lo- Jesus (Jul 29, 2013)

I've almost been out for 2 months. Holy.

This weeks shout out goes to the Italians. I am so grateful for your contributions to society. Leaning tower, Mona Lisa... Pizza. More than anything, pizza. 

It's been crazy! I'm warning you, it might be a long one. But I can promise that this one will actually be entirely serious and not funny. Hahahaha I couldn't do that even if I tried. 

First off, God has decided to spare his children so no, I will not be training. Which I'm glad, I'm just nervous to lead anyone astray haha. I'm still with Sister Slaughter and now we are only over one ward. All our investigators are in the other ward unfortunately... There is a lot of work to do though, so I'm excited! And she's a sister training leader so I get to exchange alllll the time. I'm so stoked. This is going to be awesomeee


I got to paint fences this week. It was so much fun. I mean, I didn't really get to paint, I just ended up sanding them. Which was still way awesome! I was on exchanges, I will send pictures. I was like covered in this weird paint and I basically sanded off my thumbprints. If I wasn't on my mission, this would be a prime opportunity... haha jk. Crime isn't on my list of things to do anyways. But I had so much fun. I was on exchanges, but I was just out talking to everyone. There was this National Charity League that does like mommy-daughter service. It was way cool, everyone was so nice. I love painting. 

The next day there was a gas leak near our house. Luckily, we were helping someone pack boxes. It's funny because the people in the house got texts like "EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY" only we were 3 miles away, no worries. But our district leader called, the other sisters called, and a member called. The member had to be evacuated but she was actually wondering where we were. So we were like "oh we are (insert location near the gas leak here) what's up?" and she was like "OH MY GOSH YOU HAVE TO LEAVE YOURE GOING TO DIE" we love her so much haha she's the cutest. 

The other day I learned the coolest magic trick. Tied into the gospel, obviously. You carefully take apart a tea bag right? Then you carefully stand it up on someone's hand and say "Do you trust me?" And then before they can say yes, you light it on fire! Haha actually you wait for them to say yes and then you light it. And it's crazy, but at the last second it flies away! SO COOL. But it has to be a certain teabag. And your investigator has to trust you. 

BecauseImayormaynothavealmostsetahouseonfiretryingthistrick. It's way cool though, perfect for family home evenings as long as there isn't an air current and/or a lack of trust. It's kind of a perfect demonstration of faith. You put your trust in someone who has a little more knowledge about it than you do, and hope you don't die. This same family also taught me a bar trick. Which I haven't found a gospel application to yet so I won't share haha but it was actually really gross because I ended up spitting all over their counter and that's another story. That family loves me, let me tell you. 

Remember how the other week I wanted to play guitar and then God gave me a guitar? Well this week I wanted pizza. And seriously, ask and you shall receive. We got it 3 days in a row, I was sooo happy. It was like manna from heaven. Only better, because we got to take home the left overs and it didn't get worms. But I haven't had pizza since the first week I got here basically and I was so grateful for this pizza. It was so good. I love pizza. 

Oh so this weeks message is about the goodness of service. I met this lady while we were painting and she was super awesome and working really hard. (Side note, these three teenagers were like "ugh this sucks I'm just doing this for college credits." And I hate that. I hate when people do things for the wrong reasons. So I was like "If you're doing it, you have to mean it at least a little bit." Ultimately, if I was a motivational speaker, I'd have a 33% success rate. That sounds solid to me. One of them stopped talking and was just doing the same wimpy sanding. One sat down and didn't do anything. And the last one grabbed TWO sheets of sandpaper. What a boss) So this lady was just talking to me and we had a really nice conversation about life and I figured we would never see her again, but then she was at the nursing home we volunteer at! She's way cool. She took my picture with this nice old lady and took pictures of us and she gives me her card after and she's a professional photographer. Legit. This card is the most real thing I've ever seen. It's not even on like the dinky card stock, it's legit. But see, when you serve, you will be blessed, even if you didn't need a photographer. However, she gave us all her contact information (unknowingly) and boom. Potential investigator what what. Haha not really. At least not yet. Unfortunately she's not in the boundaries that I'm in now. But service brings blessings! You can forget about what you're going through and help people out. It's only the best thing ever.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic summer!

Love,
Sister Kwan

Ps- I never proofread these. I would say I'm sorry, but I'm not...

No comments:

Post a Comment