Background

Monday, September 15, 2014

"Oh! So you're as old as the temple?"

This week's shout out goes out to all the troops. Because I have no concept of time, I completely blanked on 9/11 and I was questioning why everyone was praying for the troops. 


This week was pretty crazy. First of all, ran into Mackenzy from the Valley Forge stake. How cool was that? We saw her across the parking lot and I was like "Who's that girl?" And she gets closer and I'm like "I think I know her." And we make eye contact and she starts running and I started racking my brain like crazy. And then she was like "JEANNIE!!!!!" and I was like "Oh shoot! Hey! I'm a missionary now!" and she started laughing and then everything clicked. It blew my mind! 

I don't really have too much time to write this week. I'll try and remember the big things that happened... It was really hot again. It's September, that's not right.

So our car was super messed up. We ran the tires down to the wire, so we had to go get it fixed. We decided we should try and be effective with our time, and we ended up spending half the day with the Antioch 1st sisters. They're pretty cool. We went to a lesson with them, and it was super interesting. Just because there was 4 of us and each of us has a different style of teaching. And their investigator was SUPER confused about everything. They were trying to teach him how to pray and here's how it went
Him: "Ok. So dear Heavenly Father... what am I doing Saturday?"
Sisters: "Thank him for things..."
Him: "Oh. There's 4 beautiful women sitting in front of me. What should I do?"
Sisters: "........keep going"
Him: "Should I get baptized? ......Yeah."
We couldn't contain our laughter anymore. He was so funny. Hopefully he will piece everything together so he can make the right decision! 

We did service at a festival in Oakley and we got a really good job. We stayed inside in the air conditioning and watched the art gallery. What we really ended up doing was helping this small girls with their lives. They came in and were telling us about how they like Drake and indian music and then we just sort of chatted with them. Kids these days. They left to go play so we were just chatting because NOBODY came inside, when suddenly they run in, and they're like "YELLOW SHIRTS! YELLOW SHIRTS! We need your help! We're going to die! I broke her sister's purse! She's going to kill us! Can you fix it??" So we did. And this is probably the best way to make friends, because they would not leave us after that haha. They were so cute. They were so open to everything, but we know their parents really wouldn't have been for it. But yeah, that's how you make friends in an hour. 

This week I've been thinking a lot about the choices we make. It's interesting, because when we make decisions, it tends to be pretty selfish. How will this benefit me? That's the question. But when you look at the big picture, everything has a much much greater impact. Our small decision will impact our future, even if it doesn't seem like it. Luckily, God understands this perspective and has given us the spirit to help us make the right choices. I know the spirit has been a great influence in my life and I'm grateful for it. Otherwise, I wouldn't be here right now.

 
Love you all!
Sister Kwan


Ps- how about my future as a firefighter? No?




No comments:

Post a Comment