Background

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Snap

This week's shout out goes out to my bike. I haven't named her yet, but soon. 



I don't even know where to start with this week. Actually I'll start on Monday

So at 5 PM we get a call from the housing coordinator of the mission telling us that we have to take everything out of the apartment because we were closing it down. We panicked because then we had to figure out where ALL the stuff went. Sisters had only been there for maybe a year, but still. Tons of stuff. So we end up spending the whole night packing and I think we maybe only slept from 1 AM- 4 AM. Kept cleaning. Then at 6 we left for Oakland, and we made it in an hour surprisingly. I had a donut hole because I wasn't really hungry.

Transfers happened. I was so sad because Sis Lutui left me... Sister Slaughter and Sister Chen went home... it was just really sad. Got my bike, got my companion, Sister Vaiangina, and got her a bike. Packed all of our stuff into a car, had some elders put our bikes on the bike rack, and drove out to Walnut Creek. We're cruising down Highway 4, when this lady pulls up to my left and she's yelling, "YOUR BIKES!! YOUR BIKES!!" And I look out the window and I'm like "No way. This can not be happening right now." But yes, it was. We pulled over and luckily we hadn't completely lost the bike. One of the pedals had gotten caught in the tire of my bike, and we had just dragged it down the highway at about 65 mph. We hooked the bikes back on, and continued driving. Of course we get lost on the way to our apartment, and we're living with sisters! And they shoot us a text.
"Hey sisters, we just found out our apartment might have bedbugs... so vacuum really good!" So we did.

We decided to go out on bike and explore our area and our bishop had signed up for dinner. We got super lost, and while I was riding, I realized I hadn't eaten anything all day and I hadn't slept at all. So I started panicking. But then I started praying, and I haven't prayed like that in a long time. Nothing hurt, and we got there safely. It was a miracle, really. We had dinner and we had put our bikes in the garage, but we got out and both my tires were flat. First of all, how do you do that. I honestly don't even know what happened. So we borrowed our bishop's bikes and then I got another flat tire... so the bishop's wife came by and took us home. And this was all 24 hours. 

Given that, I don't really know what else to say. I love this area. I love my companion. I love the work. It's hard, but it's so worth it. We truly are blessed in this work, and there have been so many times this week where I've wanted to quit, but that's when I've relied on the Lord the most. He truly has been there. And like President Uchtdorf's talk from the General Women's meeting, He knows us, and He still loves us. So infinitely and eternally. What a blessing it is to be here.

Love you all
Sister Kwan

No comments:

Post a Comment